Monday, April 25, 2011

New Faith - Chapter 2

It seems like God loves to answer “yes” to every prayer a brand new believer prays, even before they ask.  What fun it has been to watch the amazing answered prayers of one of the residents at Willow Pond who has recently been radically transformed by the love of Jesus.

She approached me with some concerns she had for one of the other residents.  I responded that I felt the same way, but wanted to have something to offer that resident if I went to her- like a women’s Bible Study.  She said, “ Well, let’s pray about it.”

At  2:00 we prayed.  At 3:00 a woman walked in the Community Center that I had never seen.  “What can I do for you,” I asked. “No, its what I can do for you,” she responded.  She had just moved in and had a conversation with the apartment owner, who had sent her to me.  “Well,” she continued, “I am leaving to do mission work in Africa in September, but until then I wondered if you would like me to lead a women’s Bible Study.  That’s what I do.”

Awesome!

-- Suzanne Wallace