Monday, August 1, 2011

The Year of Favor

I couldn't have asked for a better way to kick-start my Memorial Day weekend.

A few months ago, Ms. Downie Craig, the founder of Troubleshooting for Christ, stopped by the Village Oaks Community Center.  Some office furniture had been donated to Behind Every Door, and she had come to pick some up for her ministry.  Since that time, she has become a spiritual mentor to me personally.

Before her second trip to pick up furniture, Downie and I had a phone conversation in which she declared 2011 "The Year of Favor from the Lord."  Somewhere along the way, I mentioned to her that we have a clothing closet.  Downie humbly explained that her ministry provides clothing to women as they come out of jail.  I told her to come by and pick out some clothes for the women.

In 2011, she expects to see over 800 women come out of jail.  She says that the clothing she received from us is an example of the Lord showing her FAVOR!

On the Friday before Memorial Day, she invited me to come and watch what she does, and to see the women that I clothed.  I took Downie up on her offer, and made my way to the Dawson State Jail that evening.  While I was there, I witnessed the baptism of 44 women.  God is Good!

-- Jayda Ekundayo