Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Willow Pond Garden Dedication

"Willow Pond Going Green” is lettered on the sign of our new Community Garden.  Our Garden team leader, Mr. Mohammad, planned a cookout and dedication evening to initiate the garden.  I was a little concerned that the event was going to go late, as parties here often deteriorate into a drinking fest as the night wears on.

The evening was great, with a dedication prayer for the garden and lots of food on the grill.  As Rickey and I were leaving a little early, Mr. Mohammad came and knocked on my window.  I rolled it down and he said, “Come back for a minute.  I want you to see something.” There was a group circled up on our patio beside the garden, not having a drinking fest, but singing and worshiping God.  Gardens mean new life.  May this garden bring the community together for new life in Jesus!

 
 

-- Suzanne Wallace