Monday, September 13, 2010

A Night to Celebrate!


Suzanne recently invited some girls from W.O.W (Women of Wisdom) to partake in the celebration of my spiritual mother, Debbie Morris’ 50th birthday.  The girls were excited about the invitation and wanted to do something special for Debbie.

Debbie had no idea what was waiting for her and was completely surprised to see all her friends and family gathered together in her home. 

The girls from W.O.W. had spent the week rehearsing a dance to “God In Me” by Mary Mary, and most of the evening putting the final touches on their dance.  Finally, they were ready to give Debbie her present.

I led Debbie to the throne of honor and with an introduction as “The Willow Pond Dance Crew,” the girls performed their dance, delighting Debbie and her guests. I was so proud of them. The girls were amazing, and I have to admit I was smiling ear to ear.

Next, Kimoria handed me a CD to play. Clearly, it was time to get the party started! The newly appointed Willow Pond Dance Crew started things out with the Cha-Cha Slide. Suzanne and Debbie Molo (who teaches a cooking class at Willow Pond) seized the opportunity and joined the fun. One by one the guests followed. Finally, they talked Debbie Morris (the birthday girl) and me into joining along.
I’ll be honest: I still have a few moves!

In all, there were about 10 of us dancing away in the middle of the living room.
I must say the girls brought a little flavor to this 50th Birthday. The girls set the tone, and us old folks let loose.  It was a great night for a celebration!

-- Rickey Fanning