Friday, March 18, 2011

Life Skills

My nose got the best of me last week, and I found myself stumbling in to something put together by the Gateway Program case managers.  They were making home-made fried chicken, vegetables, and a salad for a Life Skills Lunch.

The lunch was an open opportunity to those interested in refreshing their life skills.  How do I carry on a conversation with someone?  Is body language important?  These were two basic questions that I was able to catch the end of.

What an incredible opportunity for our residents!  Some have not functioned in what we would call 'normal, everyday life' in 3 or more years, while others might have never learned these simple skills.  But, God has brought caring people to Village Oaks who desire to know the people they serve.

We are thankful for the Gateway Program!


-- Will Dowell