Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Because Scripture Says So

I was in the kitchen at the Kids Club when an elementary school girl asked me to give her something to write.  She handed me a piece of paper and a pen, and I wrote down my theme for the year: ValueJesus looks at you and sees value.  She took it and wrote on the white board under the TV for everyone to see.

This became a regular thing.  This friend would come ask me for a Bible verse. I would write down a verse, and she would go and write the verse on the board.

One day she came up for our daily routine and said, "I only know one verse by heart."  I looked at her and said, "so, why don't you write the daily bible verse today?"  She started to smile..."Really!" she said.  I shook my head yes. "OK!" and off she went.

Later I walked by the white board and saw: "Matthew 6:8b, 'Father knows what you need before you ask Him.'"  Underneath the verse were the words "BECAUSE SCRIPTURE SAYS SO."

-- Rickey Fanning