Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Covered in Dust


I was walking back to the kids club when one of the residents stopped me.  She started to tell me about the struggles she had that day. Nothing seemed to be going her way.

She explained she had been praying that God would comfort her. Then she saw me.  "You are an answered prayer!  I know God brought you around that corner at this specific time.  Will you pray for me?" she said.  "Sure!" I said.

I asked God to bring peace in this storm, declared the Truth that God is always in control, and thanked Him that we whatever we ask for according to HIS will, believing it would be given to us. I said "Amen" and heard two young girls say "Amen."  I looked up and saw two young ladies behind this woman who had joined us in prayer!  It brought to memory one of my favorite sayings "May you be covered in the dust of your rabbi."

In Jewish customs a desciple who followed so closely behind their rabbi (Teacher) would be covered in the dust kicked up by him.  These girls were a part in reaching into heaven and making an appeal to the Father for this woman.  No one told them to join us in prayer...they just saw me praying and followed.  They got covered in the dust that day.

-- Rickey Fanning