Friday, July 20, 2012

Not By Words but By Power

One week before we were leaving for Kids Across America summer camp, a girl who was planning to come with us found out she was unable to go.   Suzanne and I sat down and prayed for God to bring the person He had prepared to go.

As I was walking around Willow Pond a girl named Ki came up to me.  "I know it is too late this year, but what can I do to go to camp next year," she asked?

I asked Ki how old she was.  She was the exact age of the spot we needed to fill!

Ki came to camp with us and decided to give her life to Christ!

Later on we found out Ki was in the hospital room when Suzanne, a few others, and I went to pray for a young girl who had been hit by a car (there is a previous blog post telling this story).  The girl hit by the car was supposed to go to a nursing home, but a few days later Suzanne was called by the girl's grandmother, telling Suzanne the little girl was walking.  The grandmother went on to tell Suzanne how she was a believer in prayer.  Ki was this little girls aunt and she had wittnessed eeverything that God had done for her niece.  She witnessed the power of God first hand.

-- Rickey Fanning